Sunshine blog award
I received a blog award – Sunshine blog award. I never received a blog award before. Not one, but two people gave me this award nearly simultaneously – Leslie White of Lesliepaints and Ryan of Asmalltowndad. Two people thought that I am doing something worthwhile here, brighten their day in some small way. I am grateful and honored. Thank you, Leslie and Ryan!
Now following this award rules I am nominating 12 bloggers who helped me on my journey, taught me things and continue to brighten my life.
- Jana Bouc – a wonderfully talented artist, I started my blog modeling it on hers.
- Christy DeKoning – an accomplished watercolor artist, who watches my watercolor adventures and leaves wonderfully helpful comments and suggestions.
- Roz Stendahl – an amazingly productive multimedia artist from whom I learn, and learn, and learn.
- Sam Harrison – a young artist who was an inspiration and a catalyst that started me on portraiture. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that I am capable of drawing or painting a portrait. I thought that for decades. Now because of Sam I know that I was wrong.
- Rob Carey – Once in a while you run across a person who seems closer to the Divine than the rest of us. Rob is such person. And a wonderful artist too.
- Pete Scully – an Urban Sketchers correspondent, who helped me with recommendations, links and books when I truly didn’t know what I was doing.
- Barbara Weeks – a Chicago artist who invited me to her Sketch group.
- Casey Toussaint – who is a wonderful artist and a great supporter of my art endeavors.
- Doris Joa – just because her art is a delight.
- Sheona Hamilton Grant – one of my favorite graphite artists.
- Ramesh Jhawar – for his wonderful watercolors. I always wait for his new ones.
- Gigi Sanchez – a wonderful writer and blogger with an amazing sense of humor. Go to her site and read her stories, especially Day at the Pound.
- Joseph Tomlinson of Joseph’s Art. Now, I don’t know Joe closely, but I get an impression he is not a kind of guy who plays Blog Awards games – sorry Joe! But his sketches touch me and leave a long lasting impression.
Ok, I can count to 12, I know I got thirteen. But there is no way to exclude anyone from this nomination list. 13 it is.
And finally, special and unnumbered, this award goes to my husband, also a blogger, who deserves all awards in the world. Being married to an artist isn’t easy!
Now, my dear friends, if you accept your nomination, please do the following:
- Put the logo on your blog.
- Pass the award to 12 bloggers.
- Link the nominees within your post.
- Let the nominees know they have received the award by commenting on their blogs.
- Share the admiration and link to the person from whom you received this award.